You can view our free CSET Study Guides for a concise, bullet-pointed listing of exactly which topics appear on your exam. You can also take our free CSET Practice Tests to see your current likelihood of passing and a breakdown of your individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Most credentialed K-12 educators in California
- CSET Multiple Subjects
- CSET Single Subject exams such as CSET Mathematics, CSET Science, CSET Social Science or CSET English
- Most CSET exams contain both multiple choice and constructed response questions
- $63-$297 depending on test
- 220 per subtest (scaled score)
The California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) are a set of exams designed to assess subject matter knowledge for those planning to teach in California's public schools. The specific CSET exam you must take depends on the subject and grade-level you plan to teach. For example, if you plan to teach elementary school or special education, you typically must pass the CSET Multiple Subjects exam, while if you plan to teach a specific subject at the secondary school level, you must pass a CSET Single Subject exam such as Mathematics, Science, Social Science or English. You also usually need to take the CSET Writing Skills exam if you have not already passed the Writing section of the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST).
Not sure how you’ll perform on the exam? Start by viewing our free CSET Study Guide to get a concise overview of exactly what subject matter will appear on your exam. Then, take our free, full-length CSET Practice Test with diagnostics to see your overall likelihood of passing and identify any areas in which you may need to improve.
Our Core Plus Online Prep Programs feature:
- instructional videos that teach you the exact content you need to pass
- interactive practice tests that replicate the real exam
- virtual tutoring videos that guide you through every practice question
- advanced diagnostics that offer in-depth insights into your strengths and weaknesses