Master's Degrees Offered from a Top-Tier School of Education
The University of Southern California’s Rossier School of Education offers several teaching-preparation master’s degree programs delivered online or on-campus in Los Angeles, California. As one of the world’s premier centers for graduate study in urban education, the school prepares educational leaders to effect positive change and create learning environments in which all students can succeed.
Recognizing the importance of teacher certification exams in the credentialing process, USC Rossier is partnering with Teachers Test Prep to provide our Core Plus on-demand services directly to eligible USC Rossier students with all associated costs covered by the school. This is a level of support that few other schools of education offer, and is one of the many reasons to take a look at USC Rossier if you are considering a master's degree.
USC ROSSIER ONLINE MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMS
USC Rossier’s teaching programs integrate both theory and practice, which means that students can apply what they learn in class to make an immediate difference in the lives of students. Graduate-level teaching programs include:
Master of Arts in Teaching with Teaching Credential: The Master of Arts in Teaching with Teaching Credential program helps aspiring teachers develop the skills and confidence to change the lives of their students and become transformative teachers. Delivered online, the program's curriculum blends interactive online learning with hands-on, field-based teaching experiences. Students are prepared with the knowledge they need to meet the challenges they will face as teachers in today's high-needs schools.
- Master of Arts in Teaching–Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages: The Master of Arts in Teaching - TESOL program prepares teachers to meet the diverse needs of students in classrooms around the world. Delivered online, the program provides comprehensive TESOL training and innovative instruction to help teachers become English language teaching specialists. The program is designed for graduate students who aspire to provide greater opportunities for all students in a variety of educational settings.
USC ROSSIER ON-CAMPUS MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMS
Master of Arts in Teaching with Teaching Credential: The Master of Arts in Teaching with Teaching Credential program prepares students to pursue careers as teachers. Credential tracks are offered at the Elementary and Secondary levels. The Special Education Credential, the Gifted Certificate, and the Bilingual Authorization for Spanish Certificate may be obtained through optional additional coursework.
Master of Arts in Teaching-Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages: The Master of Arts in Teaching – TESOL program prepares students to enter the teaching profession and pursue careers as English language teaching specialists working with children, youth, or adults, either in the U.S. or abroad.
- Master of Education in Learning Design and Technology: The LDT program prepares students who want to start or advance careers in traditional or non-traditional settings in educational program design, online learning, corporate training, performance assessment, instructional design and evaluation, and the management of educational programs.
Both online and on-campus programs feature the same academically rigorous curricula, world-renowned faculty and student support services.
Online Program Experience
Through a cutting-edge, web-based learning platform, students benefit from a highly interactive virtual campus experience that blends live, face-to-face class sessions; online self-paced coursework; and field-based teaching experiences in their own communities or classrooms.
On-Campus Program Experience
The USC Rossier School of Education is situated in the kind of community it strives to study. Located in the heart of Los Angeles, one of the most exciting and dynamic American cities, our programs offer a rich urban social, intellectual and professional context in which to learn.
USC Rossier also offers:
- Special Education Credential, Gifted Certificate and Bilingual Authorization for Spanish Certificate
- Master of Education in Postsecondary Administration and Student Affairs
- Master of Education in Educational Counseling
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Change
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Philosophy in Urban Education Policy
- Global Executive Doctor of Education